- The Delaware Genealogical Society welcomes all who are interested in family history. Membership provides a great place to connect with people who share a common interest in genealogy. Our society offers educational meetings and personal interaction for our local members and Delaware specific records and our collective knowledge of local sources for our more distant members.
· Monthly meetings: September – May
· Association with a dedicated group of experienced genealogists.
· Delaware Genealogical Society Journal access to 40 years of archived Journals on the DGS
· First State Genealogist, five newsletters a year - access to all issues from 1977 to present
. Delaware Genealogical Research Guide, online access to the fourth edition of the book
published in 2019.
· One free genealogical query per year published in the newsletter
· Access to members-only section containing Delaware specific data
· Connect to others through a web visible surname database
· Notification of DGS meetings and events
How to Join
To become a member, you can enroll online and pay via PayPal (using your own PayPal account or a credit card). Click Online Join at the left of this page under the Become a Member tab and follow the instructions.
Or download and complete a Membership Application and pay by check (click the button below). Mail the completed form and check to the address on the form or bring to a Members Meeting.
How to Renew
To renew a membership at the same level, please log in to the Members section at the left of this page and click on Profile. Members are able to renew their membership online at the same membership level beginning 45 days before it expires. If you wish to renew outside this window or change your membership level, please complete a paper membership form (click the button below). Mail the completed form and check to the address on the form or bring to a Members Meeting.