Get Your Family History Questions Answered!
The latest upgrade to our website allows members to their genealogical questions answered faster than ever before!
“Ask DGS” is a new forum on the Members section of the website where you can unleash the power of crowdsourcing. Now you can quickly and easily:
- Get help with your Delaware ancestors from other members who have researched the same families.
- Learn about that obscure Delaware source that might hold the answer to your elusive brick wall.
- Connect with a person who frequents an archive or repository where your record is located and who will look for your record on their next visit.
- Make friends and correspond with other members with similar interests in specific families or groups, such as Quakers, African-Americans, Dupont employees, Swedes, or shipyard workers. The possibilities are endless!
This is a work in progress. The DGS will be monitoring the forum and making updates as needed. Send any feedback to email@example.com
Here is the procedure to access the new Ask DGS Forum:
- Access www.delgensoc.org.
- Click on Member in the blue column to the left. The Member Sign-in Window will appear.
- Sign in with your member login and password. Click Login. The Members section will open.
- Click Research in the blue column to the left. The Research page will open.
- Click Query Forums in the Contents section of the page.
Welcome to the Delaware Genealogical Society, a place for all genealogists to meet and share their knowledge and experiences. The Society endeavors to be the primary source of information about Delaware families, as well as a trusted provider of genealogical education and assistance for all of our members.
This mission is accomplished through our monthly seminar program, a Society newsletter, a twice yearly Society Journal, the DGS Delaware Families blog and this website which contains general Delaware guidance for all and Delaware specific content in a Members Only section. This web site is for you, the membership, and we look forward to your input to ensure it meets your needs.